BELIEF, GOALS AND VISION
Respectful of each person's self-worth, St. Thomas Aquinas High School seeks to develop each student’s God-given talents in a safe and caring atmosphere of sharing and challenge.
We believe that each person in our school community, having been created in the image and likeness of God, has dignity and importance.
We believe that the entire school community shares in the responsibility to help all students develop their God-given talents to the best of their ability.
We believe that the entire school community shares the responsibility of creating a safe atmosphere of caring, sharing, and challenge.
We believe that students learn most effectively through diversified programs of educational opportunities, religious experiences, athletic programs, social and cultural opportunities, and service.
We believe that all individuals in our school community deserve personal attention and recognition.
Among its goals, St. Thomas Aquinas High School, in an atmosphere of discipline and order, strives
- to model for our students the daily practice of Christian living;
- to invite our students to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ;
- to provide a program that serves the spiritual, cultural, physical, and academic needs of a diverse student population;
- to challenge our students to achieve academic success and excellence;
- to instill a sense of STA Raider pride and tradition in our school and community;
- to instill in our students a hunger to learn so that learning becomes a life-long commitment;
- to help identify and develop student leaders through academic and extra-curricular programs;
- to create a dynamic school atmosphere, fostered by an environment of mutual respect and personal attention;
- to develop in our students a social conscience and a commitment to community service;
- to provide opportunities to develop responsibility and self-confidence in our young people and to promote critical thinking; and
- to broaden our program through the STA Innovation Initiative and use of technology.
St. Thomas Aquinas High School, a four-year, college preparatory school, educates young men and women according to the traditions of the Catholic faith. The school seeks to develop each student’s God-given talents in a safe and caring atmosphere of sharing and challenge. Through a comprehensive program of Catholic teachings, quality education, and personal development, St. Thomas offers to its students religious experiences, academic challenges, innovative approaches, athletic programs, social and cultural opportunities, and service to others.
The entire program focuses on the individual student, made in the image and likeness of God, who receives attention, affirmation, and challenge.