Your School Counselors are here to help you throughout your high school years. They make sure you are placed in the correct courses while still challenging yourself and working toward your personal and academic goals. They are available for students before school, after school, and during lunch hours. Students should not miss class to meet with their School Counselor unless they receive a pass from their teacher. The School Counselors are also available by appointment for students and parents.
Each student graduating in 2018 and thereafter must complete one semester (.5 credit) of an approved online course through Florida Virtual School.
Florida Virtual School Instructions
- Register online at https://www.flvs.net/.
- Choose Florida Virtual School NOT Broward Virtual School.
- Choose “I live in Florida, Broward County" then "Private School” from the drop down menus.
- Click on the “New Students” tab and follow the instructions.
- Choose from one of the following courses ONLY:
- Life Management Skills (Health) – Choose this class ONLY if you have not yet taken Health or are not registered to take Health during the school year.
- Driver Education/Traffic Safety
- Career Research and Decision Making
- Critical Thinking/Study Skills
- Continue registering by following the instructions and completing the pertinent information. Register for Segment 1 only.
- When prompted, choose your School Counselor for approval.
|Freshman Year||Sophomore Year||Junior Year||Senior Year|
|English I||English II||English III||English IV|
|Health/Physical Fitness||Biology||Chemistry||Physical Science|
|World History||Elective||American History||Government/Economics|
|World Language||World Language||Elective||Elective|
Courses are offered at the College Preparatory, Honors, Advanced Placement, and Dual Enrollment levels.
Students are encouraged to take electives based on their interests and goals. Electives in the core subject areas (Social Science, Physical Science, English, Math, and World Language) are strongly encouraged. Most colleges and universities prefer students take five core academic courses each year.
The School Counseling and College Advising department utilizes Naviance, a comprehensive K-12 college and career readiness tool. Each student receives their own Naviance account. Some of our students' favorite Naviance features include:
Spanish National Honor Society
Mondays through Thursdays
Faculty Moderator: Mrs. Chebat
Junior Classical League (LATIN)
By Appointment, before and after school
Faculty Moderator: Mrs. Natiello
Italian National Honor society
Faculty Moderators: Mrs. Puntillo
French Honor Society
Faculty Moderator: Ms. May Basse