Mu Alpha Theta
The Saint Thomas Aquinas Mu Alpha Theta belongs to the National Mu Alpha Theta Mathematics Honor Society, dedicated to inspiring interest in mathematics, developing strong scholarship in the subject, promoting the enjoyment of mathematics, and fostering peer interaction. Competition members participate in practice and contest activities. Tutor members offer much needed tutoring services to STA students. All members participate in Catholic Math League contests during the school year.
Students who meet the following requirements will be invited to apply
- Enrolled in Algebra 2 Honors or a more advanced Honors or AP course (and)
- Minimum Mathematics GPA is 4.75 weighted (and)
- Current with STA service hour requirements (and)
- No disciplinary or attendance issues
A one-time membership fee of $25 will be collected upon acceptance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUSTAINING MEMBERSHIP:
- All requirements for new membership
- Participation in a minimum of 3 hours per quarter (any combination of competition, tutoring, or other Mu Alpha Theta activities)
- Participation in all Catholic Math League Contest (4 per year)If a member cannot maintain the academic requirement for the semester, he/she will be put on probation, and if he/she fails to achieve the academic requirement in the following semester, his/her membership will be terminated.
|Vice President||Theresse Racpan|
|Vice President||Ella Tillinghast|
|Community Outreach||Jack Faulkner|
|Community Outreach||Ashley James|
|Competition Director||Liam Connor|
|Student Activities||Kamryn DuQuesnay|
|Student Activities||Stephany Jimenez|
|M, T, W, Th, F||7:30-7:55||223|
- For all Members: Meetings monthly on Wednesday (for Elections, Catholic Math League Contests, and other Mu Alpha Theta activities planning)
- For Competition members: Meetings bi-weekly (for practice and other Contests)