National Honor Society for Dance Arts
The National Honor Society for Dance Arts recognizes outstanding artistic merit, leadership, and academic achievement in students studying dance. The society fosters an appreciation for dance as a true art form and one worthy of recognition and prestige. The society works to provide the opportunity for progress in dance techniques such as jazz, lyrical, contemporary, and musical theater. Hip hop and tap may also be used. Members of the National Honor Society/STA Dance Company are highly active performers at school events and state dance competitions.
Students in grades 9-12 who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for induction.
- Must have completed one full year of dance class (while maintaining a 4.0 in all dance classes)
- Member of the STA Dance Company through Senior Year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher for overall studies in all subject areas
- Earn 30 points by participating in STA Dance Company rehearsals, performances and service opportunities.
- Must be up to date with school service hour requirements.
A one time membership fee of $25 will be assessed before induction.
Members are expected to maintain good academic standing and uphold academic integrity as stated in the Parent-Student Handbook. To sustain membership, students must meet all requirements each year as listed above.
|Vice President||Emma Abecassis|
|Company Manager||Miniaris Montanez|
|Jr. Company Board||Emma Staub|
|Tuesday||2:45- 4:15||Dance Studio|
|Wednesday||2:45- 4:15||Dance Studio|
|Thursday||2:45- 4:15||Dance Studio|