National French Honor Society
La Société Honoraire de Français (National French Honor Society) provides an opportunity to recognize outstanding scholarship in the study of the French language. The society strives to provide its members a vehicle for engaging in activities to further explore the French language and Francophone cultures, and to help further promote these in the school and their community. The society also sponsors and participates in fundraising activities to benefit the Francophone community locally and abroad.
Students of the society are eligible for scholarships to further their studies in French or to travel abroad and are also eligible for other forms of recognition for their intellectual and creative endeavors in the context of French studies.
Moderator: Mrs. Manuela Biancotti
grades eligible: 11 & 12
Qualifications for Induction:
- Current enrollment in French 3 Honors or above
- Minimum 1 year of French Honors 2 or 3 at STA
- Satisfactory completion of the application process
- Cumulative 90% or above average for overall studies in French Honors
- Cumulative un-weighted GPA of 3.5 or above for overall studies in all subjects
- Must be up-to-date with school service hour requirements.
- No disciplinary or attendance issues
A one-time membership fee of $35.00 will be assessed following induction.
In order to sustain membership society members must maintain an 85% average in their French Honors and AP courses. They must also contribute 10 services hours to the society throughout each school year.
Any member enrolled in French III Honors or AP French Language and Culture who no longer meets the requirements for admission (i.e., grades and/or behavior) will be placed on probation for one semester. After one semester, if the infractions have been rectified, the student is re-admitted to the society. If, however, the infractions* have not been rectified, then the student is dropped from the honor society’s rolls permanently.
* If the infraction occurs during the last semester of the student's Senior year, the student will lose his/her cord for graduation and may be subject to losing his/her membership and mention in the NFHS.
Social Chair/Activities Coordinator:
Service Hour Coordinator: