National Italian Honor Society
La Società Onoraria Italica, The National Italian Honor Society recognizes outstanding achievement in Italian and promotes interest in the Italian language and culture. Members participate in fundraisers that contribute to charitable causes in the United States and Italy.
MODERATOR: Mrs. Manuela Biancotti
GRADES ELIGIBLE: 11 and 12
QUALIFICATIONS FOR INDUCTION*:
- Completion of Italian I Honors and Italian II Honors
- Current enrollment in Italian III Honors or AP Italian Language and Culture
- 90% or higher in Italian courses, in semesters prior to induction
- 3.5 (unweighted) GPA or higher in other courses
- Excellent in conduct and industry
- Current with St. Thomas Aquinas High School service hour requirements
*Students who meet these qualifications will be invited to apply.
A one –time membership fee of $30 will be assessed following the induction.
Members enrolled in Italian III Honors or AP Italian Language and Culture must continue to meet the requirements for admission (grades and behavior). If the member does not, the member will be placed on probation for one semester. After one semester, if the infractions have been rectified, the member is re-admitted to the society. If, however, the infractions have not been rectified, then the member is dropped from the honor society’s rolls permanently.
Completion of at least five (5) service hours for the year. Completed through activities offered by the National Italian Honor Society.
Co-Vice President + Fundraising Director–
Publicity Director –
Tutoring Director –