National Spanish Honor Society
The society recognizes high achievement in Spanish and promotes interest in Hispanic studies. The society also participates in fundraisers, food drives, and serving the Hispanic community both locally and abroad.
Students in grades 10-12 who meet the following requirements will be invited to apply.
● Grades eligible: 10-12
● 90% or higher in all 4 quarters of Spanish 2 Advanced / Dual Enrollment (or any level above Spanish 2 Advanced)
● At least three (3) semesters of Spanish with an average of 90% or higher in two consecutive courses.
● Overall GPA: 3.5 (unweighted) or higher
● Current enrollment in a Spanish Honors course at time of induction
● Minimum of 50 recorded service hours approved by the school
● No disciplinary or attendance issuesA one-time membership fee of $25 will be collected upon acceptance. To sustain membership, students must maintain an average of 85% per quarter in their Spanish Honors courses and complete 5 service hours per year of membership.
|Vice President||Valentina Puebla|
|Vice President||Valentina Tamayo|
|Vice Treasurer||Esteban Quijano|
|Secretary||Ana Sofia Reigada|
|Service Activities||Sara Macero|
|Tutoring Coordinator||Kiara Lauria|
|Fundraising Coordinator||Miniaris Montanez|
|Magazine Coordinator||Camilla Guzman|
MODERATOR: BETSAIDA CASANOVA