Quill and Scroll Honor Society
The purpose of The Quill & Scroll Honor Society is to encourage and recognize high school journalists who contribute to their school's media. Quill and Scroll members will actively participate in the production and publication of the online newspaper, Raider Review, and/or the yearbook, Veritas. Members will adhere to the society's eight principles: truth, learning, leadership, loyalty, initiative, integrity, judgement, and friendship.
Moderators: Mrs. Stacey RosonoW
Grades Eligible: 10-12
Qualifications for Acceptance:
* Students who meet the following criteria will be invited to apply:
- Contributing on a regular and continual basis to the online newspaper (Raider Review) or yearbook (Veritas);
- Academic standing of at least 3.5 GPA (unweighted);
- Currently a sophomore, junior, or senior with at least one full year of a journalism class completed;
- 90% or above in all journalism courses; and
- Grade appropriate service hours must be current
*A one-time membership fee of $35 will be collected upon acceptance. This fee includes lifetime membership in the Quill and Scroll International Honor Society, a society pin and graduation cord.
Members of the Quill and Scroll International Honor Society must contribute to their chosen area of journalism (newspaper or yearbook) for the duration of their time at St. Thomas Aquinas High School. This can be achieved by continuing to take courses in the aforementioned areas, or participating as active members of the newspaper or yearbook clubs.
Social Media Editor-in-chief: