Quill and Scroll Honor Society
The purpose of The Quill & Scroll Honor Society is to encourage and recognize high school journalists who contribute to their school's media. Quill and Scroll members will actively participate in the production and publication of the online newspaper, Raider Review, and/or the yearbook, Veritas. Members will adhere to the society's eight principles: truth, learning, leadership, loyalty, initiative, integrity, judgement, and friendship.
Students in grades 10-12 who meet the following requirements will be invited to apply.
- Contributing on a regular and continual basis to the online newspaper (Raider Review) or yearbook (Veritaas) (and)
- Academic standing of at least a 3.5 unweighted GPA (and)
- Currently a sophomore, junior, or senior with at least one full year of a journalism class completed (and)
- 90% of above in all journalism courses (and)
- Grade appropriate service hours must be current.
A one-time membership fee of $25 will be collected upon acceptance.
Members are expected to maintain good academic standing and uphold academic integrity as stated in the Parent-Student Handbook.
Members of the Quill and Scroll International Honor Society must contribute to their chosen area of journalism (newspaper or yearbook) for the duration of their time at St. Thomas Aquinas High School. This can be achieved by continuing to take courses in the aforementioned areas, or participating as active members of the newspaper or yearbook classes or newspaper club.
MODERATORS: SEE ABOVE