National Art Honor Society
The goal of the National Art Honor Society is to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the Fine Arts. The society works to assist its members in reaching their highest potential in all art forms as well as granting access to award and scholarship opportunities as well as the network of professionals available through the National Art Education Association. Honor cords are available to distinguish our Senior NAHS members at graduation.
Moderator: Ms. Devan Jimenez
Grades Eligible: 10, 11, 12
Qualifications for Acceptance:
- GPA: 3.0 maintained in all Fine Art classes taken, and a 2.5 average overall
- Must be currently enrolled or have been enrolled in a Fine Arts class
- No disciplinary or attendance issues
- Service Hours: Grade appropriate service hours must be to date
- Recommendation by two former teachers, including one art teacher
* All students that meet the qualifications stated above are welcome to apply - open enrollment for acceptance.
* A one-time membership fee of $15 will be assessed following induction.
Members are expected to complete 5 service hours per year associated with National Art Honor Society projects and activities in order to maintain membership.
Membership is based on art scholarship, service and character. Members must attend monthly meetings after school and participate in at least one NAHS art activity per semester.
PresidentsAnabella CabreraAmy Silien
Vice PresidentAbigail Goodchild
SecretariesSophia SadakaSophie Selwood