National Spanish Honor Society
The society recognizes high achievement in Spanish and promotes interest in Hispanic studies. The society also participates in fundraisers, food drives, and serving the Hispanic community both locally and abroad.
Moderator: Senora Margaret Chebat
Grades eligible: 10-12
Qualifications for induction*:
- 90% or higher in all 4 quarters of Spanish 2 Honors (or any level above Spanish 2 Honors)
- Excellent Conduct and Industry for all 4 quarters
- Current enrollment in a Spanish Honors course at time of induciton
- Minimum of 5 service hours approved by the school
* Those students who meet these qualifications will be invited to apply.
A one-time membership fee of $25.00 will be assessed following induction.
To sustain membership members must maintain an average of 86% per quarter in their Spanish Honors course and complete 5 service hours per year of membership.
- Chapter of the Year 2013 - 2014 AATSP, SHH
- Park - Sihocky Award 2014
- Florida Global Educator of the Year 2015 Award, 1st semi-finalist