class of 2024
Admission to the Class of 2024 requires an application/registration for the High School Placement Test (HSPT).
The High School Placement Test (HSPT) will be administered at STA December 7, 2019. An application/registration fee of $50 is required before the application/registration will be considered.
STA recommends Barron's Strategies and Practice for the HSPT ©2018 for individual preparation.
Please see the drop-down menu below "Documents Required For Admission" for additional information.
STA OPEN HOUSE
OCTOBER 27th, 2019 @ 11:00 - STA GyMNASIUM
Open House offers the best opportunity to explore the STA campus, learn about our offerings, and meet members of our special STA family. The entire administration, faculty, and staff provide guests a comprehensive look at all aspects of student life. Student leaders, alumni, and parents also engage is this showcase event. Classroom visits, student performances, teacher presentations, and student interaction highlight Open House, the best way to experience true “Raider Pride”! Open House is held annually in the Fall.
STA invites current eighth grade students to schedule a Shadow Visit. Current freshman students are chosen by faculty and administration to serve as Shadow Ambassadors. These ambassadors share their classroom experiences for the day with potential, future Raiders. Prospective students have the opportunity to meet members of the administration, faculty, and staff during this first-hand classroom and campus life experience.
Incoming Freshman Application Documentation
- 8th Grade Report Card - After the HSPT on the first Saturday of December, please provide a copy of the student's report card. The report card should contain the most recent quarter grades and semester averages, if applicable.
- Standardized Test Scores (Iowa, Terra Nova, FSA, EOC, SSAT)
Transfer Application Documentation
- Transcript & Report Card - A current transcript containing student's previous grades, standardized test scores (Iowa, Terra Nova, FSA, EOC, SSAT, PSAT, SAT, ACT), attendance record and a copy of the student's report card containing most recent quarter/semester grades to date.
International students - A credential evaluation of the report card and transcript is required. Please contact an agency such as Josef Silney & Associates, 7101 SW 102 Ave., Miami, Fl 33173. Phone: (305) 273-1616. Fax: (305) 273-1338. Website: www.jsilny.org
- Letters of Recommendation - Two letters of recommendation are suggested, addressing the student's academic progress and over-all performance in the student's current school. These can be from teachers, guidance counselors, or the principal.
- Service Learning - Official documentation of service learning hours if not on transcript.
General Mailing Instruction for All Applicants - The above noted documentation should be mailed to the Director of Admissions:
- Mailing Address: Director of Admissions, St. Thomas Aquinas High School, 2801 SW 12th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33312
- Application for admission will not be reviewed until all the required documentation is received.
Note - Application for admission will not be reviewed until the online application fee ($50) is paid and all required documentation is received.
Admissions decisions for incoming Freshmen who take the December HSPT at STA are announced in February. Final acceptance and enrollment remain contingent upon the successful completion of the eighth grade.
The Transfer Application is generally reviewed when submitted. However, the admissions decision is determined greatly on placement availability and the academic status of the applicant.
St. Thomas Aquinas High School welcomes applicants interested in transferring into 9th, 10th, and 11th grade. The Administration is very reluctant to accept senior transfers. Senior transfer applications require pre-approval by the principal.Please review STA academic and graduation requirements under "Academics" in the menu bar above to help determine whether the transfer to STA will benefit your academic future. Please see the drop-down menu above "Documents Required For Admission" for additional information.
The transfer application will not be reviewed until payment of the online application fee ($50) is made and all the required documentation is received.
Note: International students - Please email the Director of Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information regarding foreign documentation.
Conducted during the school day, campus tours enable us to share our STA Pride with prospective parents and students as we highlight the facilities, programs, and processes for admission. Additionally, the campus tour offers an opportunity to meet STA administrators and staff and gives guests a first-hand look at the spiritual, academic, and extracurricular life at STA.