Girl's & Boy's Sailing have the same schedule and compete as a co-ed team.
Regatta South Point #5 in St. Petersburg, 2/8/20.
The Sailing team took 3rd place overall!
In Division A we took 2nd place with Connor Boland, Bobby Rielly, Daniel Neville and Sam Juskiewicz.
In Division B we took 3rd with Joey Meagher, Libby Redmond, Kenna Reed, and Isa DuPlessis.
- Laura Hamilton is traveling to Berlin representing the US.
- Traveling to UC Santa Barbara . . . Reeser will be sailing in the Laser Nationals
- Closer to home, seven sailors are going to College of Charleston to the national invitational (November 8th -11th)
- Farther up the coast, at Atlantic Coast Championship, five sailors (November 8th -11th)
- The sailing team will be racing with teams from across the US.
Senior, Libby Redmond, signed her letter of intent on February 5th to sail for Boston College beginning next fall!
To-date 9-10 former STA students are now sailing for the top 20 collegiate teams. Additionally, we have STA alumna
Erika Reineke working hard to qualify to represent USA at the 2020 Olympic Games.
Anna Weis (STA and Boston University )has been selected to represent the USA at 2020 Olympics in Nacra 17. The Nacra 17 is a high performance catamaran used for sailing. The Nacra has been converted to a sailing hydrofoil for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Below, watch Anna as crew and Riley Gibbs as skipper sailing the Nacra 17.
USA SAILING reported, At the conclusion of the final two Nacra 17 fleet races, Riley Gibbs (Long Beach, Calif.) and Anna Weis (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) rose to the occasion and were the first athletes to qualify for the 2020 U.S. Olympic Sailing Team.
Erika Reineke is still in the running.